POSITION: EURASIA REGION NCM COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Eurasia Regional Director
The Eurasia NCM Coordinator will support the Eurasia Region in living out its mission of transforming the world in Christ, like Christ and for Christ. Working directly with laity, pastors, district leaders and field leaders, the Eurasia NCM Coordinator is responsible for encouraging and equipping local churches and districts to live out compassion and combat poverty and injustice in their communities. This will be achieved through church engagement, awareness, education, project management, program implementation and partnership development. The Eurasia NCM Coordinator is accountable to the Eurasia Regional Director.
- Work closely with the Regional Director and NCM International Program Coordinator in the development of regional compassionate ministry strategy.
- Submit annual work plans, budgets, communications plans, reporting to the Regional Director and NCM International Program Coordinator.
- Assist in the selection of field-level NCM coordinators and support the development of field-specific compassionate ministry strategies, in collaboration with the Field Strategy Coordinator.
- Monitor, coordinate and evaluate regular quality review of existing NCM programs and projects on the region.
- Review and approve any compassionate ministry project proposals arising from the region.
- Work closely with Regional and Field Finance Coordinators in the overall administration of NCM finances, both program and administrative.
- Supervise Regional Child Development Coordinator and Regional Child Sponsorship Coordinator in the management of Child Sponsorship and Development programs on the Region.
- Assist in review of proposals for new Child Development Centers.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of child development programs in Eurasia Region in all its dimensions.
- Overseeing donor relationships.
Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Work with NCM Disaster Management and Humanitarian Crisis Advisor to provide leadership/supervision to disaster response efforts in the Eurasia Region. Where possible, work with Eurasian churches in disaster preparedness and disaster risk reduction.
- Facilitate communication between the region and international partners for appropriate response and disaster response management.
- Work with NCM International to provide content for awareness and fundraising efforts in times of disasters. This includes follow-up stories on impact of disaster response.
Capacity Building and Training
- Work closely with the Field NCM Coordinators to provide compassion education and awareness opportunities to churches for the purpose of empowering and mobilizing local churches to respond to the needs of their community.
- Provide or arrange training and professional development of NCM staff/volunteers and local leaders of the church in all areas of holistic development (such as child development, compassionate ministry curriculum, disaster response, health care, WASH and social justice).
- Maintain regular communication with church and NCM leaders on the field.
- Where requested, support registered NCM entities in building organizational capacity.
Communications and Networking
- Assist gathering stories of compassionate ministries in Eurasia for the purpose of communicating with the global church and donor engagement.
- When required, represent NCM to Regional Christian relief and development agencies’ networking events – i.e. conferences, partnership meetings, symposiums, etc.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in community or international development, theology or intercultural studies; and/or 3 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years working in community development (church-based or other)
- Experience in remote-management/supervisor of programs
- Experience with working/coaching with senior leaders from diverse culturalbackgrounds
- Experience in church-based humanitarian programming (desirable)
- Experience in managing grants (desirable)
- Demonstrates Christian maturity
- Passionate about serving vulnerable communities through local churches
- Be a member of the Church of the Nazarene
- Understand and be able to communicate rationale for church-based community development
- Strive to be an example and encouragement to fellow colleagues and team in the church
- Skilled cross-cultural communicator
- Lived/worked in the Global South/developing countries for 2 years or more (desirable)
- Discreet with office and projects matters
Expected Hours Per Week: Full-time
Frequency of Travel: Minimum 25%
Location: Eurasia Regional Office, Büsingen or South Asian location.
Salary and benefits to be discussed upon interview. NCM is part of the Global Mission Enterprise of the Church of the Nazarene.
For questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a copy of your CV/Resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your desire to work for NCM in the Eurasia Region.