Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include “social media applicant” in the subject line.
Position: Social Media and Digital Content Manager
Summary: Under oversight of the Director of Development and Communications Manager, this position is responsible for the execution of social media marketing and communications plans, including developing and executing a comprehensive social media strategy to increase visibility, traffic, engagement, and constituent support. Applicant must have the ability to create excellent content and think strategically about how social media fits within an overall business/ministry marketing strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Development and Communications Manager to develop and execute successful social media and digital strategy that ties in with NCM’s overall communications and marketing strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and implement an ongoing social media content calendar for updating all social media channels.
- Create, curate, and manage all content posted through social media channels, including posts, images, videos, blogs, etc.
- Increase social media reach and engagement.
- Work with team to develop campaigns to increase number of child sponsors and increase financial support for other NCM projects and needs.
- Continually measure and report on results by tracking and evaluating pertinent analytics; make suggestions for strategy adjustments based on research.
- Monitor trends and best practices in social media tools, applications, design, channels, and strategy; suggest adjustments to NCM’s strategy as needed.
- Monitor NCM accounts and respond to comments, messages, etc. in a way that increases positive constituency engagement.
- Work with Communications Manager to connect with regional NCM coordinators to develop regional NCM social media outlets and acquire content from field for posts.
- Work with Communications Manager to update website as needed.
- Assist in developing landing pages for re-marketing and pre-roll mobile advertising opportunities to drive traffic.
- Track, evaluate, and report on pertinent website analytics, and suggest strategy adjustments as needed.
- Work with Communications Manager to develop and send marketing emails, press releases, and other digital communications, including A/B testing and other strategies for increased success rate.
- Assist with other content creation for NCM Communications and Marketing as needed.
- Create and post approved content through social media channels.
- Communicate with team to ensure successful coordination with overarching NCM strategy and campaigns.
- Update content calendar as needed.
- Respond to comments/messages and engage followers.
- Monitor internet news services and research information on world events, disasters, political crises, etc. that affect NCM’s work to share and engage with via social media outlets.
- Assist in creating press releases and other written communications with donor and Nazarene constituency.
- Create and edit content for upcoming promotions.
- Ensure NCM website is up to date with current and relevant information and functionality so as to maintain the site as a valuable communication medium.
- Update Social Media Strategy and content calendar and work with vendors for social media campaigns.
- Create content for blog and other channels.
- Oversee website and digital content; make changes as needed.
- Create web banners and other images needed to promote campaigns or other priorities.
- Attend NCM promotional strategy meetings.
- Compile reports or management to show impact and ROI of social media.
- Assist in preparation and issuance of press releases- Work with ICA to get press releases in NCN News and communicate to other departments within the GMC.
- Web Coding/html web content adjustment
- Manage the maintenance of the photo files and video resources
- Disseminate information via social media outlets and answer constituency questions
- Passion for the work of NCM and church-based community development and relief
- Ability to support and communicate about the work of NCM as a part of the Church of the Nazarene denomination
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or communications field (applicants in pursuit thereof considered)
- Previous non-profit fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in understanding social media strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop, InDesign, or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak" to that audience through social media
- Organized and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Previous experience with web content development and html coding is preferred
- Highly qualified candidate will be multi-lingual
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, stand, walk, use hands, see (specific vision abilities required- including the ability to adjust focus) and hear. In addition, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell. Employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds and may frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds. Occasions may require the employee to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.