Under oversight of the NCM Director, the Development Director will supervise the organizational development unit of the NCM office and be responsible for tactical planning and execution of NCM’s fundraising/marketing strategy. In addition, the Development Director will engage in cross-functional decision-making through the direct supervision of the Donor Development Team, Affiliate Development Team, Partnership Development initiatives, and Advocacy Development initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct Organizational Development Unit including ten full-time and two part-time personnel within the GMC and AP offices.
- Direct the NCM Donor Development Team by providing direction and operational decision making for seven staff members including full time, part time and international staff in the Philippines for the purpose of constituent cultivation and fundraising. This is to be achieved through planned gift and donor advised funds in partnership with the Nazarene Foundation, direct mail solicitation, major donor vision tours, website and social media engagement, printed materials and video production.
- Direct the NCM Sponsor Relations Manager and the Affiliate Development Team by providing direction and operational decision making for seven staff including those in the Philippines in the areas of international child sponsorship, donor relations and donor retention.
- Direct Partnership Development initiatives by providing direction and operational decision making for internal partnership development with Nazarene entities as well as external interdenominational and parachurch partnership development.
- Direct Advocacy Development initiatives by providing direction and operational decision making for print and video materials. Provide training for local church Nazarene Compassionate Ministries promoters.
- Direct the content, design and production of various media communications and news releases for the Nazarene constituency, child sponsors, and NCM fund donors.
- Direct the preparation of (written, audio-visual) materials for all NCM publications and for all, programs, projects, campaigns, reporting and other needs.
- Direct the content and presentation of material on the NCM web page.
- Direct the monitoring of available news centers to research information on world events, disasters, political crises, etc.
- Direct NCM’s relationship with the Church of the Nazarene Foundation and direct NCM’s strategy with regards to planned gifts.
- Direct research with survey and focus groups and analyze giving trends to make changes in promotional strategy.
- Direct the implementation of donor campaigns and development programs; projects for NCM and marketing strategies. Coordinate with staff as needed for these implementations.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for constituent cultivation, marketing, child sponsor and computer programming development activity expenses.
- Responsible for fiscal management and results of our fundraising campaigns and appeals.
- Responsible for relationship development with the Nazarene constituency directly and through internal/external media contacts on behalf of NCM.
- Seek maximum dissemination and exposure of NCM Projects, CS sponsorship opportunities and other funding needs.
- Organize and facilitate annual Vision Tours with major donors.
- Represent NCM as needed.
Minimum Education/Experience required:
- Master’s degree in Marketing
- CFRE, Certified Fundraising Executive
- 10 years experience in management and marketing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, stand, walk, use hands, see (specific vision abilities required – including the ability to adjust focus) and hear. In addition, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell. Employee must regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds and may frequently lift/move up to 40 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.