INTO THE RED-LIGHT DISTRICT: Showing hope to women in exploitation.
- In a red-light district in India, women who are exploited are finding hope.
- One organization in Canada gives job training and dignity to those living on the streets.
- Families involved in foster care share their stories and their calling.
- In Germany, the work of a local church sheds light on God’s presence in brothels.
DISASTER RESPONSE: When tragedies strike, the local church is there before, during, and after.
- When a string of disasters rocked our world, churches mobilized to care for people in the aftermath.
- Why a young woman in Ghana started a justice club to make sure girls can stay in school.
- A former sponsored child shares how sponsorship changed the trajectory of her life.
- Savings groups are enabling people to turn their dreams into reality for the first time.
SEEKING REFUGE: Stories from refugees caught in crisis and how the church is serving
- Refugees share their stories of fleeing and finding hope in a series of featured stories.
- Sponsored children share their favorite recipes so you can bring the world to your kitchen.
- Families in Odessa, Ukraine, make a new life after being displaced by violence.
- The church becomes family in a slum in the Philippines, where possibility replaces poverty.
- People grow a future in Kosova, where one church is alleviating hunger with greenhouses.
BEYOND BELIEF: How a mentoring ministry in Nashville is empowering youth to believe in themselves
- In an area of Nashville, Tennessee, known for violence and poverty, mentors aim to transform the lives through empowerment.
- After decades of separation, a pastor is reconnected with the couple who sponsored him.
- A church in Monrovia, California, is making sure everyone is welcome at the table by providing immigration resources.
- Villages in rural Sri Lanka finally able to have access to the clean water they’ve needed for years.
Reflecting God’s Love: Clean Water Is Transforming Lives in Sierra Leone
- Churches in Sierra Leone are giving the gift of safe water, which is the difference between life and death for many
- In Kroo Bay, a slum in Sierra Leone’s capital, the church is helping prevent the deadly sting of rampant malaria
- A mobile intervention clinic in Moldova is offering the possibility of new life for women caught in sex trafficking
- In East Toledo, Ohio, a church is getting outdoors and building relationships in the community
- Sheep and chickens are providing food and a future for families in rural Armenia
Ministry in the Margins: How Churches Are Living Out Compassion Among the Least of These
- On Skid Row in Los Angeles, karaoke builds community among people facing addiction and homelessness
- In an L.A. neighborhood known for gang violence, the Bresee Youth Center empowers students to become leaders
- Volunteers in Swaziland care for people living with HIV/AIDS
- A 20-something shares his experience working with children displaced by war
- Children with special needs find love and acceptance
Faces of Hope: How Churches Are Picturing a Better Tomorrow for Children
- Special photo issue
- How the refugee crisis is affecting children—and what churches are doing in response
- An alternative to despair in an Indianapolis neighborhood
- Taking vulnerable children off the streets of Madagascar
- Teaching childlike faith in the Philippines
Relief to Recovery: The Church in Nepal Is There for the Long Haul
- Images of the devastation after Nepal’s earthquake — and the church’s pursuit of hope
- Turning dreams into reality for entrepreneurs
- Holding onto hope in the face of HIV and AIDS
- How child sponsorship is changing futures
Compassionate Churches Are Changing Communities
- Photo essay: Investing in the dreams of children in Mozambique
- How people leaving prison and addiction are finding wholeness
- What happened when a church said, “Come as you are."
- Compassion in a community torn apart by war
Hope Rising: Giving Girls a Chance at a Brighter Future
- Getting an education in India and Sri Lanka
- Fighting child marriage in Bangladesh
- Life as a refugee
- Escaping the terror of human trafficking
Rooting out Hunger: How Churches Are Cultivating Change
- Widows go from desperation to determination
- Food, farming, and faith
- Addressing Hunger in America
- Sponsorship brings brothers back to God
Freedom for the Captives: Efforts to End Human Trafficking
- Open doors for survivors of trafficking in Romania
- Abolition movement at Point Loma Nazarene University
- Combating gender-based violence in Kenya
- How Syria’s war affects its children
- Youth in Nepal begin ministry to others
- Caring for Creation in Guatemala
- Ohio youth grow garden to fight global hunger
- Providing clean water in war-torn Sri Lanka
Celebrating 30 Years of Child Development Programs
- Ministry to children with special needs in Ukraine
- Lebanese congregation sponsors child from Sudan
- Boys living on the street find happy home
- Coming together after Oklahoma tornado
- Flipping the Script for youth in Los Angeles
- If you give a girl a piglet in Ghana…
- Young woman with disability works to build clinic in Ghana
- Refuge for children forced to flee from Syria